11.28.2013

Happy Thanksgivukkah







I love it when celebrations overlap :)

Happy Thanksgiving to all, and Happy Chanukah to those who observe-
I'm so happy that the Macy's Parade is going on, as it should be.

I've been there a few times, and as an adult I watch it as I cook. Always. Just like making my mom's rice pudding and her sage stuffing, it's not Thanksgiving to me without these homages to my childhood.

We light a candle today, too, and keep it going all day to remember those who are no longer with us.


Thankful is a much used word this day, but it fits perfectly. Hope you find much to be thankful for today, and remember to do something for those who find little to be happy about today.

                  (We are also NOT SHOPPING today! Enough with that nonsense already!)




2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Susan! Enjoy this special day of gathering. Hope you all are well.
    Cheers,
    Loi
    PS - We are not shopping either!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We're fortunate in Massachusetts to have puritanical blue laws that prevent businesses from opening on Thanksgiving. So they waited until midnight.

    ReplyDelete